Friday, May 4, 2012

…to DO and DUE list….

Do you have a giant "TO DO" list???  Mine is huge right now.  All of a sudden May is here and  everything comes at once, all the deadlines are right now, the events are weeks away………….thus the GIGANTIC to do list.  So here's why i don't get to blog as much as my heart desires:

TO DO AND DUE: I'm not complaining one bit, it's all good...
1) Prepare my posts as Guest Curator on Jenny Doh's Crescendoh site this month.
2) Make stencil art for Julie Balzer's stencil hop.
3) Sign contract and plan daily schedule for an overseas adventure in September 2013.
4) Send additional lettering samples  for a "vision board dream" project submission.
5) Send artwork to an author who invited my work to appear in her book.
6) Gather all my teaching supplies, handouts and goodie bags for Create event in Irvine, CA, where we just added a SECOND lettering class as the first one sold out.
7) Mail magazine submissions by printed deadlines.
8) Vacuum the tumbling tumbleweeds on the first floor of my home.
9) Launch promo video for my next online class: "Color Love 101: Whimsical Journaling". 
10) Film my first tutorials for my new weekly video blog: "Studio Stash Book".
11) Finish "Artful Alphabets" class alphas 21-25.
12) Put away my winter clothes.
13) Book airfare for Art Unraveled in Phoenix in July.
14) Post art on my Whimspirations Facebook page.
15) Count my blessings, breathe.

There.  It's out in the universe.  So i better go finish all this and cross it off my list.  But of course, while this list is staring me in the face every day, i doodle, i draw, i paint, i letter.  In the overwhelming bursts of stress, i turn to my art stuff on my journal pages, add to art already in progress, i breathe, create.  Art saves for real!!  Here's the art that serves as my comfort and distraction this week...

...art muscles??
...adding to already painted pages...
..."letter-storming"...
...Doodle paint….

…for my Create class...
Really thankful to be so busy in my creative journey.  
What do you do when your TO DO list is overwhelming??  
Have a wonderful weekend and thanks for dropping in!

24 comments:

  1. Go on facebook to Artful Alphabets and talk to friends and see what they're up too and where they are at in the class. Work on my lessons, watch the OC and Jersey Housewives mix it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OHhhh--I want to know more about the "weekly video blog! When does that launch?
    From looks of your do-due (!) list, it looks like you have a lot of fun in store!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's going to be fun Lisa! I will announce it next week. :-)

      Delete
  4. Oh my gosh... busy... and creative times Joanne... and yet art is the answer to so many things... grateful for that... your pages are stunning... Shine on...

    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd get more done if I had a pretty, artsy to-do list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL!!! Ain't that the truth Robin, you can make that happen for sure!

      Delete
  6. What new class to come ? I am very impatient to learn more .... And to make my inscription !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow your to do list isych more exciting than mine! When mine is overwhelming as it often seems, I write it all down, freak out inside and slowly start plowing through. Good luck. Love your art!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love to draw and doodle when I'm feeling overwhelmed. It helps me relax. It is very calming. I don't think I would like the art as much if I had to do it, and it became part of my to do list. Good luck on all your to do's. Most of them seem like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love all your artwork Joanne! You should add "write a book" to your to-do list in all your spare time!! I would buy your book in a heartbeat! Good luck with that list! You sure have lots of fun things going on!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You certainly are a very busy lady, I am SO in for your next online class (even though I'm only half way through the first) You inspire me Joanne and I am just enjoying myself so much. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are having such a great time aren't we Susan? So glad you're on this art journey with me!

      Delete
  11. #8...vacuum Is that FUN??? I like the clean look but I sure wish someone else would do it so I can just continue to play! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'm going to pay one of my kids to clean for me, how pathetic is that?!! But i need to get a grip.

      Delete
  12. Joanne, I am getting excited to actually meet you in Irvine, CA. I signed up for your lettering workshop the first day that registration opened up. I'm even flying in from MI for my first art retreat, ever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Carol, it's THREE weeks away! We will have a blast, i promise! Can't wait to meet you.

      Delete
  13. I'm hoping the exciting overseas adventure might be 'over here' in the UK???!!!! I love your Artful Alphabets course which I'm working through at the moment and would just love to come to Create but unfortunately the timing (and finance) doesn't allow for it this year : ( Maybe next year ... fingers crossed. Your work is fabulous, you are such an inspiration : ) Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so excited for number 11! I'm doing your Artful Alphabet class right now, and really enjoy it. I don't have "poor" handwriting, but it's definitely not very beautiful. I've always envied a friend of mine who can do gorgeous and creative cursive lettering. Especially since I like to use lettering in my art. It makes it tricky when you don't like your handwriting. Your class has been the perfect solution for me. I'm looking forward to learning even more handwritten fonts.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I told myself that I wouldn't be going to the Create retreat this summer; it was just too expensive, but I've been nosing around the site, just thinking how much fun it would be to take another class with you again "live" and all those wonderful new products you let us try out. I may have to scrape the money together somehow and make the drive over Chicago-way.

    ReplyDelete