Friday, November 4, 2011

One Minute Journal Page Video

While i was at Create Retreat in Costa Mesa, CA this past May, Jenn Mason filmed this for the "Mixed Media in Minutes" series at Cloth Paper Scissors.  Jenn is doing some greound breaking projects over at CPS, this being one of them FREE technique videos!

My instruction was to make a journal page in one minute, yes, 60 seconds!!  Have you ever had a conversation with me?  Am i capable of talking for only ONE minute??  Daunting, i know, but i was up for the challenge.  I decided to color up a page spread with some Crafter's Workshop stencils and my spray inks.  Many of you know this technique your sleep, but it's a great for newbies.  It's basic, effective, colorful and doable in a New York minute!  
 CHECK OUT THE VIDEO HERE:  
 This is one of my favorite journal pages and i have posted it before.  These backgrounds were spritzed in minutes.  I then had a beautiful surface to fill with journaling with my Signo white pen.  Simple, simple, but so lovely.  There you have your Mixed Media in Minutes, enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. love the message! and how gorgeous it turned out

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this spread!!!!It might take me more than a minute to write out those letters!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Watched the video earlier today and whipped out a quickie background myself! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow.... beautiful, love the deep rich colour background and the contrasting white writing!

    xx Tessa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I a enjoying looking over the older posts. Now I want to pull out art supplies and leave all my sewing piled up on the table...

    ReplyDelete