Wednesday, November 2, 2011

a letter better lesson

Here's a little "Artful Lettering" picture tutorial on drawing your letters, as shown in my composition play book.  I like this cheap paper to practice hand drawn letters, try new pens, make notes and develop ideas.  






Erase all the lines and marker color into the page.  I use this play journal instead of scratch paper, it's a $1 book of scratch doodles and letter practice.  After practicing, i'm confident to go into one of the "big girl journals", LOL!! 

Be on the lookout for my "Artful Letter Play" workshops in 2012.  I've got some secrets that i can't wait to share and there are lots of new things coming….

20 comments:

  1. EEeeeeeeeeeeeeee...........can't wait <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning! Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is a great idea because I'm horrible at lettering but I like it so much.. can't wait to give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow--seems more doable even for a hack like me. I guess I'm surprised you practice--I figured you could do all your awesome lettering naturally from the get go. Thanks Joanne!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm SO looking foward to your Artful Letter Play classes in 2012! You're awesome, Joanne!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the tips. Will help me get better and type myself rather than using chipboard letters... <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the helpful tips.

    Do you use just a single page/thickness of paper for your designs? Don't your markers bleed through? Maybe the paper in your books is a little sturdier than in mine. Any tips on this would be appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW!!!!!
    To jest super! Idę szukać markerów :D Dziękuję za inspirację!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for this! Looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for the tips! You are so talented. My girls and I love to look at your website for inspiration and we draw and colour together. We LOVE your beautiful, colourful artwork so much!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for these. I love all of your lettering, I look forward to what's coming in 2012!
    Hugs and blessings
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  12. This will be fun when titling and journaling my scrapbook layouts.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't wait for your workshops. I love lettering and I want to learn more. I think lettering make the page. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  14. I signed up but have not received any information yet, it is Tuesday April 10 and I have missed the first classes. Please help

    ReplyDelete
  15. Always fun to see what you do with all your bits and pieces. :)

    ReplyDelete