Wednesday, March 23, 2011

whimsical wednesday….

These are all the good things that enrich my life to it's perfection.  Here is quite a muted palette uncharacteristic of my usual color choices.  Some white doodles and script energize and focus my thoughts, over layers of acrylic paint washes.  It's soft.  
 It's just a message on a journal page, simple and sweet.  Sometimes you just have to walk away from a piece and let it take on it's own life.  Playing in different directions, and exploring… makes me stretch creatively and grow artistically…..

4 comments:

  1. Loving the muted colors - very different, and very beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such sweet colors... soft and loving! Works well with the wording.
    Great artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh you are so right about walking away.....i wish i could remember to do that more often! i love your use of white here.....it's such a fun "color" to use! hope you have a super weekend, sweetie-pie! xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful piece!!! I so admire your style.....Would you be willing to share a little about how you developed your style? I am currently working to develop my own "signature" and while I know it takes some time I am not sure what I am looking for?

    ReplyDelete