Tuesday, March 1, 2011

bird on a wire


Watercoloring in a journal, i'm making art but leaving space for where i can write later.  In a winged heart flower garden, bright and whispy, a Copic colored die cut flower sits, placed in the middle of the pages.  I just got this sweet bird stamp and thought i would incorporate it into the painting. 


 The birds were stamped with my favorite Tim Holtz Distress Ink WILD HONEY.  With my water brush i then added a little shading to the bird bodies, since distress inks react with water.  Also used my Micron pen to doodle some outines.  Happy.

Have you ever seen birds on a wire?  There are always scores of them all lined up, and you wonder what they are waiting for.  They wait and sit, wait and sit.    It's a great thought on life... not to just sit around waiting for things to happen, waiting for things to come to you….."Don't be like a bird on a wire waiting for the good things to come…instead FLY to see all there is to see and be……be the one to fly"…..

5 comments:

  1. Hi Joanne! Thanks so much for your comment! I probably have said this before but I LOVE YOUR ART!!!! It is fun and happy and I love your lettering too. You know that I love cool looking lettering!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is soooooo good! It makes me smile!
    P.S. Birds are so funny when they line up like this--which one decides to sit on the wire, I wonder :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried to comment earlier -- I love - *love* **LOVE** your work!! SO fun!! Where can I buy some?!?

    ReplyDelete