Friday, April 1, 2011

whimsical wednesday by the sea….

You thought i disappeared, didn't you??!!  All the days blur together in my island state of mind… but i'm being a "creating art machine" in my beach vacation art studio.  

If it were only a permanent address here on the Florida gulf coast!

 So far, I have completed 14 new illustrations in 5 days on my beach cottage "deck studio" nestled in the sea grape leaves.  Winter is brutal in upstate New York, and I desperately need the sun and our sea breeze retreat every year to recharge my artsy batteries and fuel my soul.  My  creativity explodes in this environment.


 …and it's so true, in the right frame of mind, covered in sunshine and surrounded by deep turquoise waters, everything is brighter………Everything DOES sparkle by the sea... 
Looking forward to sharing all my sunshine art with you in upcoming posts.  It's soooo good to be at the beach!


9 comments:

  1. ....and then you had to go and post a PHOTO of the ocean....UGH! You lucky lucky lady!!! Love the new water color - but my guess is that YOU are sparkling by the sea!! Enjoy your time xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful as always!! I can tell you are in heaven...art and the ocean. Life doesn't get any better than that in my book. Hugs :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see it all! Have a wonderful weekend. It's going to be a beautiful one here in FL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So wonderful... love the sea!
    Thank you for sharing your artwork, always a treat. You are so inspiring :]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this, I can hear the wind in the palm trees...yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love seeing your sketchbook pages!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your art (and blog) and I SO want to live there on that beach! someday.....sigh

    ReplyDelete
  8. How did you begin to come up with whimsical ideas? Is it a sense of humor or do you build up the skill?:)

    ReplyDelete