Sunday, December 4, 2011

Oh, Colorado! Behind the scenes...

What a great trip to Loveland, Colorado this past week.  It was a huge thrill to film my lettering video for Cloth Paper Scissors magazine.  My taping session was at 8:00 am Thursday morning.  I woke to a fresh fallen snow, that the locals thought was kind of a big deal, 6-8 inches overnight.  Coming from Rochester, NY were we have snow from November until April, it was no big whoop, i was right at home!
  We filmed at the Interweave studio in downtown Loveland.  Even though i was so nervous at the start, it was over so quickly and i wanted to keep filming!
In the studio after my taping was finished, with Jenn Mason, Editor of Cloth, Paper Scissors.  What a nice picture!
 …But look, what was lurking on the floor behind us???…….
 …uh yeah, that would be my pile of art i created and showcased during the filming!!!!  It was much easier to demo, create, film, finish, then toss the excess behind me to move on to the next segment quickly!   You know, because i always work so neatly!! (not)  But hey, it worked and i promise you won't see that in the final editing!
 When the video comes out, you will see the fun pin boards and displays we created with our own artwork on our set.
 It was an amazing experience and i can't wait until the video comes out in a few months!  It's chuck full of my very best playful lettering ideas, journal samples and techniques.   That's all for the little sneak peeks and of course i'll keep you all posted about the release date.  Thanks for stopping by!

11 comments:

  1. How very nice to read about your experience, and hear the joy in the making of this soon-to-be-fabulous video! I for one, will be waiting.... too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on accomplishing a huge creative endeavor! Looking forward to seeing the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!!! I am so excited for you---and for everyone one of us who have been drooling at your wonderful letterforms and colorful art. Can't wait for it to come out. I will be the first to buy it!!! Congratulations, Joanne!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love to read about all the behind the scenes stuff. Makes everything so much more interesting. Keep us posted on the release date <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Will be waiting for the video!! Great behind the scene pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay--thanks for the behind the scenes peek! Will be in line for the video when it comes out sweet thing you! xoxo Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait for the video! I love all of your artwork and loved the video you posted from your iphone. Congrats on all of your success!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How exciting!!! Thanks so much for posting the pictures. You look absolutely beautiful and I can't wait to see this video... hopefully we won't have to wait too long!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can just picture you creating art at the speed of light and tossing it over your shoulder! Great photos and blog post!!! I was so nervous that I forgot to take photos of my board. I also forgot to ask how long it takes to make our DVDs. So a couple of months? I will be buying one of yours because I love your journaling style! It was so fun to see you again Joanne.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Play. Practice. Write. Repeat. That may just be what the creativity counselor ordered! Thank you so much! What beautiful work! I am a fellow doodler, but never seriously thought about working it into an art form. Thanks again for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love your art and can't wait to see the video. Thanks for sharing!

    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete