Thursday, October 7, 2010

waiting for words, it's all about the process.....

Here to share, are some of my lonely little paintings and journal pages works waiting for "heart spill"...words and wisdoms to fill the colorful collaged and painted pages.  Quite often, i just like creating the base, with all the layers, dimensions and experimentation, only to save the inspirations and writings for another time.  It's the creative A.D.D. that i have had all my life.  When i create, i get to a certain point, am satisfied with the process and result, and then move on, even if there is more that can be added for completion.  Most of the time, i eventually get back to the piece and finish.


DSCN1558

DSCN1542
Painted layers, handmade embellishments, all of this was made from plain papers.  I will paint large sheets of my own colors, patterns, and then punch, die-cut, tear and collage.  

DSCN1571


DSCN1585


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


DSCN1590


DSCN1591
DSCN1594


This creative process is equally fulfilling as having a finished work.  Having been trained as an artist my entire life, it's difficult for me to just "play" and experiment, and not be critical of the results.  Most of the time my artwork is for licensing, publishing or creating for clients, where specific results are expected.  So, to play in pages, without a deadline or expectation is a really good thing... it helps me grow......



No comments:

Post a Comment