Do you have a giant "TO DO" list??? Mine is huge right now. All of a sudden May is here and everything comes at once, all the deadlines are right now, the events are weeks away………….thus the GIGANTIC to do list. So here's why i don't get to blog as much as my heart desires:
TO DO AND DUE: I'm not complaining one bit, it's all good...
1) Prepare my posts as Guest Curator on Jenny Doh's Crescendoh site this month.
2) Make stencil art for Julie Balzer's stencil hop.
3) Sign contract and plan daily schedule for an overseas adventure in September 2013.
4) Send additional lettering samples for a "vision board dream" project submission.
5) Send artwork to an author who invited my work to appear in her book.
6) Gather all my teaching supplies, handouts and goodie bags for Create event in Irvine, CA, where we just added a SECOND lettering class as the first one sold out.
7) Mail magazine submissions by printed deadlines.
8) Vacuum the tumbling tumbleweeds on the first floor of my home.
9) Launch promo video for my next online class: "Color Love 101: Whimsical Journaling".
10) Film my first tutorials for my new weekly video blog: "Studio Stash Book".
11) Finish "Artful Alphabets" class alphas 21-25.
12) Put away my winter clothes.
13) Book airfare for Art Unraveled in Phoenix in July.
14) Post art on my Whimspirations Facebook page.
15) Count my blessings, breathe.
There. It's out in the universe. So i better go finish all this and cross it off my list. But of course, while this list is staring me in the face every day, i doodle, i draw, i paint, i letter. In the overwhelming bursts of stress, i turn to my art stuff on my journal pages, add to art already in progress, i breathe, create. Art saves for real!! Here's the art that serves as my comfort and distraction this week...
...adding to already painted pages...
…for my Create class...
Really thankful to be so busy in my creative journey.
What do you do when your TO DO list is overwhelming??
Have a wonderful weekend and thanks for dropping in!