Tuesday, May 17, 2011

hello, my lonely blog!

I have been a bad blogger!


Consumed these last four weeks, with lots of excitement, especially with my son Kevin's  college graduation!  Did  i tell you that he earned his degree in Art Education, from my alma mater, Nazareth College? I earned my Art Ed degree exactly 30 years earlier, to the day!  We couldn't be prouder with TWO Naz Art Ed grads from the class of 1981 and 2011.  AND to add to thar, my 30 year reunion is in 3 weeks at the college.


Then there's been the prep for the Create! retreat in Costa Mesa (i can't believe the ton of supplies i am lugging cross country!) and getting my Etsy shop (so many prints going out to new homes) up and running!  Won't bore you with all the details, but will get back in the saddle from Costa Mesa and blog about the four workshops i'll be teaching……..for now, i must get to sleep, flying out this afternoon.  Even though i live in New York, looks like i'm already on west coast time, bloggin at 2am!!
Mr. Kevin Sharpe, Aspiring Art Teacher




….and me, i'm flying off to Create! in Costa Mesa…...





4 comments:

  1. Bon Voyage, Joanne! How exciting for those about to embark on a creative journey with you ... wish I was one of them. Congrats to your son - such a proud mama :)

    "Create with all your heart" is a shared motto that I like to keep in mind when I have a brush in hand, too. Love your work!

    Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your son's collage graduation!
    That is so wonderful that he is an aspiring art teacher, too!!

    So glad I found you through the miz kate dot com Artist blog hop!
    I am your newest blog follower. :)
    Looking forward to seeing your upcoming posts!

    I welcome you to check out my art blog, too!

    Best,
    Mary C. Nasser
    http://www.marycnasser.com/blog.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Best wishes to your son's future.
    What a wonderful thing to share among us all :]
    Lovely journal page, very inspiring quote. "create with all your heart"
    And YOU always do.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW. I have just spent a delightful hour strolling through your blog and taking in all of your eye candy creations. I am always so grateful to busy artists like you who share your work and your time with us "aspiring artists" out here in blogland. Found you through a conncetion on Brave Girls site and will happily return for many more uplifting visits! I'll be watching, because if you ever get around to an online workshop to tech us your gorgeous style, I'm in!

    ReplyDelete